North Wales Housing believes that we have a responsibility to care for and protect the environment in which we operate. We are fully committed to improving environmental performance across all of our business activities, and will encourage our business partners and members of the wider community to join us in this effort.
North Wales Housing recognises our key impacts to be in the areas of:
- Energy use
- Waste generation
- Water use
- Procurement and raw materials
- Adopt the highest environmental standards in all areas of operation, meeting and exceeding all relevant legislative requirements.
- Continually assess our organisational activities and identify areas where we can minimise impacts.
- Minimise waste through careful and efficient use of all materials and energy.
- Carry out our operations in a manner that prevents or minimises the potential for pollution.
- Publicise our environmental position.
- Train our employees in good environmental practice and encourage employee involvement in environmental action.
- Make environmental considerations part of all investment and procurement decisions.
- Assist in developing solutions to environmental problems.
North Wales housing has developed a series of action plans to supplement each of our environmental policy objectives.
North Wales Housing will periodically review performance and publish these results on the company intranet.
Date of next review is March 2014