North Wales Housing hold the Jobcentreplus “two ticks” Positive about disabled people symbol. This means we have been recognised as a positive place to work for disabled people, and have made commitments to employ, retain and develop people with disabilities.
The five commitments are to:
- Interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities
- Discuss with disabled employees, at any time but at least once a year, what both parties can do to make sure disabled employees can develop and use their abilities
- Make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
- Take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work
- Review these commitments each year and assess what has been achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let employees and Jobcentre Plus know about progress and future plans