St Mary’s is a Self Referral Hostel providing accommodation to 13 homeless people in 2 buildings in Bangor and is managed by a full team of support staff on a 24/7 hour basis.
You can apply directly to St Mary’s and if accepted you will receive an induction in to the Hostel and an explanation of your Licence Agreement. We will complete an assessment which will help us write a tailored Support Plan with you that meets your specific needs and review and revise it as your needs change. A member of staff will meet with you to discuss and help you with your Support Plan.
Everyone has a single bedroom and shared bathroom facilities. Meals aren’t provided, but there is a fully furnished kitchen where you can prepare your own meals.
- Help you to develop good independent living skills such as cooking, shopping and cleaning
- Help you become confident in managing your money by budgeting
- Support you to access health and social care
- Support you to contact other relevant organisations for support and advice
- Support you to access education, employment, training and voluntary opportunities
- Support you to become a part of a wider community
- Support you to complete housing applications and contact landlords and hostels
- Support and prepare you to move on to your own accommodation
- Support you with setting up your utilities (gas/electricity)
- 24 hour support, 7 days a week
- Support to find and move in to your own Tenancy
- Continued support is provided from your move on for a period of time should you need it.
You will have the chance to engage with staff and the other residents in various activities that are run in and outside the hostel. Regular workshops are held and trips are arranged periodically.
A handbook is given to all residents so that a full list of the Hostel rules are explained fully.
For further information call us on 01248 362211 or email us at [email protected]
St Mary’s hostel in Bangor also offer a gate service, offering food, drink, clothing, tents and sleeping bags to those street homeless in Bangor daily.