We take part in a number of projects in partnership with other housing associations. These projects offer residents activities and opportunities we may not be able to otherwise.
Some of these projects are listed below. Activities will be listed on our events calendar.
Bus Stop Community Project
Bus Stop is a mobile community development project which is free and confidential and is open to anyone living in Conwy and Denbighshire County.
The Project offers a wide range of services and opportunities, including:
- Informal and accredited learning for those wanting to gain new skills
- Information and support on relevant topics including benefits, health and wellbeing and your rights
- Opportunities to take part in local community projects
- Projects that encourage young people to positively engage in their communities
- Opportunities for people to share their thoughts and feelings on their local community
Bus Stop have carried out activities with families on some of our housing estates as well as in some of our Older Persons schemes.
Young Housing Network/ Going it alone
The Young Housing Network is a group of young people who have come together to help solve housing issues young people may face.
So far the Young Housing Network Group have developed a number of useful tools such as a leaflet, mobile app http://www.nwha.org.uk/en/latest-news-and-events/going-it-alone-support-at-the-touch-of-a-button> and board game under a ‘Going it Alone’ initiative.
‘Going it Alone’ highlights the realities of independent living for young people in North Wales and is designed to support young people who are considering a move towards independent living.
If you would like more information about any of these projects contact Iwan Evans on 01492 563232 or email [email protected].