In April each year North Wales Housing choose a charity and staff pull together to fundraise. This year we are fundraising for Awyr Las, North Wales NHS charity. Since the Coronavirus pandemic, and the pressure the NHS has been under, we believe supporting this charity is more important than ever.
As we settled into life working from home, fundraising has been a bit more of a challenge, but that hasn’t stopped us. We are always up for a challenge… and what a challenge it is.
At the end of October we launched an ‘Around the World in 80 days’ challenge, a wellbeing/fitness challenge for NWH staff and our families aiming to walk/cycle/run as far as we can around the world in 80 days, a target of 24,901 miles by 16th January. Follow our journey on Facebook, Twitter or visit our News page where we will be posting updates. If you would like to sponsor you can do so here https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tai-gogledd-cymru-north-wales-housing
Previous years fundraising
Other charities we have fundraised for include:
- 2019/20 – Raised £4,200 for North Wales Mountain Rescue
- 2017/19 – Raised £3,752 to be split between Creayteasmile and to fundraise for a Cuddlecot for Ysbyty Gwynedd Hospital in Bangor
- 2016/ 2017 – We raised nearly £7,000 for St David’s Hospice
- 2015 – £6,014.38 for the Wales Air Ambulance
- 2014 – Over £5,000 for Tŷ Gobaith as part of our 40th birthday celebrations
If you would like to get involved in our fundraising contact the Charity Panel on [email protected].
Below are photos of some of the activities we have organised to fundraise.