In April each year North Wales Housing choose a charity and staff pull together to fundraise. This year we are fundraising for Awyr Las, North Wales NHS charity. Since the Coronavirus pandemic, and the pressure the NHS has been under, we believe supporting this charity is more important than ever.
As we settled into life working from home, fundraising has been a bit more of a challenge, but that hasn’t stopped us, we are always up for a challenge.
At the end of October we launched an ‘Around the World in 80 days’ challenge, a wellbeing/fitness challenge for NWH staff and our families aiming to walk/cycle/run as far as we can around the world in 80 days, a target of 24,901 miles. The good news is that we succeeded! Read all about it here.
Previous years fundraising
Other charities we have fundraised for include:
- 2019/20 – Raised £4,200 for North Wales Mountain Rescue
- 2017/19 – Cuddlecot for Ysbyty Gwynedd Hospital in Bangor
- 2016/ 2017 – St David’s Hospice
- 2015 – Wales Air Ambulance
- 2014 – Tŷ Gobaith, as part of our 40th birthday celebrations
If you would like to get involved in our fundraising contact the Charity Panel on [email protected].