Our Personal Development Grant has been developed to tackle financial barriers that may be preventing you from accessing education, training or employment.
The maximum grant available is £250
Examples of what can be funded include:
- Tools or equipment for a job or qualification e.g. hairdressing kit or books for college
- Course fees
- Interview clothes
The following cannot be funded:
- Everyday living expenses such as rent or bills
- Costs over £250
- Retrospective costs
- Applicants must be aged 16 or over and reside at a North Wales Housing property
- Applicants should not have a history of substantial rent arrears or tenancy management issues (such as anti-social behaviour)
- Applicants should be in receipt of either a means tested benefit or tax credits due to low income
- Applicants in receipt of Disability Living Allowance will also be eligible to apply
- Applicants should not be an employee of North Wales Housing
You will need to demonstrate in the application form how the grant could help you achieve your goals, and also what barriers/challenges it will help you overcome.
What do successful applicants think
“I came across the Personal Development Grant on the North Wales Housing website. I had seen some art courses that were to take part online due to the pandemic, but I did not have the equipment I needed to take part. I wanted to take part in these courses to further develop my skills. The process of obtaining the grant was easy, I had support from a member of staff to complete the form. Doing a course would develop my skills but also help mentally by giving structure and purpose to my days during this difficult time. I am shielding due to the pandemic and the art course also meant I got to see people online in Teams and share work. I feel part of something even though I’m staying home staying safe. The art equipment has brought joy in these difficult times, meaning I can take my artwork to the next level.”
For more information please contact Iwan Evans on 01492 562727 or [email protected].