Aids and Adaptations

Your home may no longer be suitable for you any more but you may not want to move. You may be able to get adaptations done to make sure you don’t have to.

You may be able to obtain grants to pay for these adaptations, depending on your circumstances.

How do I apply for Aids and Adaptations?

Any adaptations will require a referral from an Occupational Therapist, you will need to speak to your doctor or social worker about this. We will then work with your Occupational Therapist to agree on suitable adaptations and how they will be paid for.

How are Aids and Adaptations funded?

North Wales Housing have a budget for minor aids and adaptations and work costing less than £1,000 may be funded by us.

Any work costing more than this may be funded by Welsh Assembly Government. Once we have a referral from an Occupational Therapist we will approach WAG for grant funding on your behalf. Timescales vary, but grants are usually approved within 3 months.

If you believe your home would benefit from an adaptation please contact us on [email protected] or 01492 572727.