A Residents Association is formed by a group of people living on an estate or in a block, who come together as on organisation to represent their mutual interests.
Why have a Residents’ Association?
Forming a Residents’ Association can bring many advantages for you and your neighbours:
- They can develop a community spirit
- Individuals enjoy becoming more involved in their community
- They can improve opportunities for people to meet socially
- People get a sense of achievement and pride in a community that they have helped to build
- Represent the collective views of residents’
- Help improve the quality of life for all members of the community
- Represent the views of local people
- Be recognised as a democratically elected group and have more influence.
- Raising funds to improve local facilities, such as community gardens or play areas
If you are interested in setting up a Residents’ Association or Group North Wales Housing will support you and provide training. We will also offer assistance with start-up costs.
For more information on setting up a Residents Association or Group contact Iwan Evans on 01492 563232 or email on [email protected].